Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Upcoming Tiger Critics Reviews

I often wonder why film critics feel compelled to share their opinions with others. I imagine most do it because they greatly enjoy writing about a subject that they are passionate about. Others may get satisfaction out of the public's appreciation for their opinions. A film reviewer is a film viewer first and foremost. I review films because I love them so much. I am not content to just watch. I like to discuss, debate and ultimately, make recommendations to others. There are of course other personal benefits to being a film reviewer. One of the perks that I love the most is the advanced screening. There is something very exciting about watching a film before the public has a chance to see it. I guess that excitement is a little selfish but it is certainly one of my favorite aspects of film reviewing.

Last Wednesday, I had the opportunity to participate in an advanced screening of The Social Network, the highly anticipated film about the founding of Facebook from director David Fincher, a man who has brought us classics like Seven, Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Zodiac. While I cannot discuss the film as of yet, I will say that I was very impressed and the film certainly lives up to the hype. You can watch a trailer for the film here: The Social Network Trailer, Courtesy of Sony Pictures

One of the reasons why I created this blog was to promote Tiger Critics and talk about future reviews which can be seen on Tiger TV's Newswave program. Our new season begins this upcoming Friday at 3:00 p.m. and for the premiere my co-host and I will be reviewing the Ben Affleck heist thriller The Town. The film has been receiving positive reviews from critics but to hear our opinion, you will need to tune in this upcoming Friday.


This guy reviews for YOU! I want to save you money because let's face it, movies are expensive and are often not worth it. I waste my own money so you don't have to. So sit back, relax, read up and enjoy the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment